Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Family Finder Social Worker to work full-time based in Wandsworth. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £32-£34 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- The post holder will be working with permanent foster carers you will manage an allocated case load focussing on identifying appropriate carers for children and young people in the care of Wandsworth whose Care Plans are for long-term fostering.
- Responsible for all aspects of family finding for children and young people who require permanent fostering.
- Working with the social workers for our Children in Care who require permanent fostering, and with our Placements Team, to ascertain children's individual placement needs and to then identify suitable carers, with a focus on achieving well-matched placements with 'in-house' carers when this is appropriate and when it will not result in undue delay in achieving permanence for the child(ren) concerned.
- Working alongside other involved professionals to achieve the 'matching' and placement process in line with the Fostering Regulations, and working in accordance with Wandsworth's policies and procedures.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jonathan Codona-Brown; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.