Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has apermanent role for an Exploitation Senior Social Worker to work full-time based in Slough.
The salary for this permanent Exploitation Senior Social Worker job is £37,731 - £41,838 per annum.
- Help other colleagues in the Trust with advice and support for their contextual safeguarding cases and support the development of unqualified staff who are the future of the Trust
- Promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of complex children / young people at all times and through all aspects of work
- Be responsible for managing a complex and independent workload, ensuring legislative and local requirements are met to a high standard and within required timescales
- Act as a senior professional, using knowledge and own professional experience in contextual safeguarding, exploitation, missing children and / or development of adolescents to provide advice, support and ‘critical friend’ challenge on cases to colleagues across the Trust to support them in their work and to partners as well
- Provide training to students, ASYEs and frontline staff working in the Trust on contextual safeguarding, exploitation and missing children
- Management of the team duty rota
- Take a strong role in team meetings so that they are efficient and effective, leading team meetings as required in place of the Assistant Team Manager and Team Manager
- Thoroughly assess, critically analyse, plan and implement suitable interventions for children and young people subject to, or at risk of contextual safeguarding and exploitation whilst effectively managing risk at all times
- Produce concise, well-structured assessments, plans and reports, clearly recording and reporting analysis and judgements and ensuring that all recommendations are followed
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships to achieve ensure resources are available to achieve optimal outcomes for children and young people, ensuring a joined-up approach to relationships with other team members and managers
- Represent the Trust’s values, leading by example in the delivery of these and setting a positive culture within your team, service and the Trust; challenge behaviour when it is not aligned with our values and take appropriate action; support a professional in a respectful and child-focussed environment which supports the Trust’s vision
- Ensure all interventions are conducted within an anti-discriminatory framework, and take into account issues such as race, gender, sexuality, disability etc, and deliver appropriate services to the diverse communities of Slough
Requirements of the Exploitation Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Experience as a social worker with demonstrable experience in complex or specialist casework including contextual safeguarding and missing children
- Be willing to work towards the Practice Educator Professional Standards for social work, especially stage 2
- Post Graduate qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent
- Knowledge and application of the legal framework and assessment process in Children’s Social Care
- Willingness to work out of hours to effectively engage with children, young people and families, working if required in shifts covering with colleagues the period of 08:00 am – 20:00 pm
- Experience of training other staff to increase their knowledge and skill base and inform good practice
- Current UK driving license and access to a vehicle
This Exploitation Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.