Sanctuary Health is currently looking for a dedicated Educational Psychologist to work full-time in Surrey.
The pay rate for this locum Psychologist job is £500 per day (Assignment rate) and is a 6-month contract.
- Promote the use of psychology and apply a range of psychological research to lead and support a multi-agency group of professional to analyse and address concerns about the development of children and young people within educational and other settings. To devise plans to address concerns which enhance access to learning, emotional well-being and good mental health.
- Provide an advisory service to educational settings which promotes learning, emotional well-being, informed by psychological research and frameworks, consistent with the working parameters described in HCPC practitioner psychologist standards.
- Develop skills and knowledge through participation in the process of supervision and partnership consultation; contributing to the induction of new staff; supervising trainee educational psychologists and devising further training and continuing professional development for a group of mulit-disciplinary professionals.
- Communicate efficiently in written form with schools, early years settings children, young people and parents, according to Service protocols. Use ICT to write reports & store data.
- Devise, promote and follow service frameworks and guidance to achieve consistency of practice and contribute to the evaluation of work undertaken, providing information as requested by the Local Authority, by Partners and by parents/carer representative groups.
- Provide training for fellow professionals to improve outcomes for children.
- Contribute to multi-agency and multi-disciplinary work including other psychologists, specialist teachers & staff in NHS and Social Care and Early Help colleagues.
- Develop professional skills and knowledge to support colleagues and contribute to projects and research.
- Work within the safeguarding guidance, equal opportunities policy and other policies of the County Council.
- Undertake such other duties appropriate to an educational psychologist as may be required by the Service Manager.
Requirements of the Psychologist:
- To be eligible for this role you must be an HCPC registered psychologist
- Relevant qualification and recent experience is essential.
- Experience within a similar role.
This Psychologist job is advertised by Dan Potts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.