Sanctuary Health is currently looking for a Band 6 Eating Disorder Nurse to work in Chelmsford, within the CYP Community Eating Disorders Service.
The pay rate for this full-time role is £28.53 - £30.14 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 6-month contract.
- To liaise and provide consultation to professionals working with children and adolescents with eating disorders.
- Contribute to audit and research programmes to evaluate and improve therapy and eating disorder service provision to children and adolescents and their families.
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist will be responsible for working independently and managing a caseload of clients, ensuring safe and effective clinical practices
- To liaise with the young person's professional network, keeping them informed of developments and promoting multi agency collaboration. Liaison with Children's Specialist Services, Educational services, independent sector mental health providers, counsellors and any other professional related to the child care.
- To develop and maintain therapeutic relationships with young people and their families/carers.
Requirements of the Eating Disorder Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration under Mental Health
- Either CAMHS or Eating Disorders Experience
- A degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
- Demonstrable experience of working at Band 5 level in a child and young people setting
- Experience of supervising other staff
- Experience of working with eating disorders and / or adolescent outreach
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to assess risk, and manage suicidal, violent and challenging behaviour in a hospital setting
- Understanding of the 1983 Mental Health Act and subsequent mental health legislation as they pertain to nurses
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive mental health knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Eating Disorder Nurse job is advertised by Deane Garrard; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.