Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Director of Highways Infrastructure. The location is to be confirmed.
The pay rate for this Director role is to be confirmed and has an initial 1-month contract.
- To develop, lead and manage the highway and public transport network for the customer to ensure it meets the needs of residents and businesses.
- To work with the Executive Director to deliver, lead and manage effective partnerships with key stakeholders, including the LEP, Transport of the North (TfN), Midlands Connect, Government and Network Rail.
- Undertake the lead contract management role of the Council’s Highways Contract and the wholly owned Transport company (Transport Service Solutions), ensuring that they play a full part in delivering both corporate objectives and effective partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure the Highways & Infrastructure team have effective programme management arrangements in place to successfully deliver the service capital programme.
- Hold overall responsibility for statutory and non-statutory Highways & Infrastructure services.
- Ensure effective customer service communication and engagement mechanisms are embedded throughout the service in relation to services and projects delivered by the service.
- Develop robust strategic alliances and sustain effective working arrangements with partners, Government departments, other relevant organisations, businesses, voluntary sector groups and user groups.
- Ensure effective contractual management and performance management arrangements are in place highways and infrastructure services to ensure compliance with the Council’s rules and procedures.
Requirements of the Director:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Post graduate management qualification (e.g. MBA) or relevant management experience.
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Experience and consistent achievement at a senior management level in an organisation of comparable scope and complexity pursuing a transformational agenda.
- Significant relevant experience in leading and transforming the majority of services covered by the Highways & infrastructure Division.
- A proven track record of managing complex budgets to high standards of probity.
- Experience of leading the delivery of strategic objectives and polices through effective service planning.
- Experience of leading, motivating and managing services with multi disciplinary teams to achieve significant, sustainable improvements and positive outcomes through internal and external partnerships.
- Significant experience and demonstrable success in leading major organisational and cultural change, with evidence of innovative and transformational thinking.
- Financial and commercial awareness, with strong analytical skills and an excellent aptitude for developing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Planning, prioritising, persevering and delivering improvements to achieve objectives within timescales.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that are not available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive recruitment knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Director of Highways Infrastructure role is advertised by Ben Fincham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.