Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Development Manager to work based in Bournemouth.
The pay rate for this locum Development Manager job is £650 per day and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Provide expertise to manage the preparation and delivery of significant regeneration and development projects that are currently the subject of the Council’s Project Acceleration initiative
- Report to Directors across various disciplines including Regeneration, Planning, Legal and Asset Management
- Span a range of projects and will establish a coordinated set of actions that will align with wider BCP ambitions and form a key part of the Project Acceleration objectives
- Coordination with BCP teams is crucial and the interface between BCP and the proposed URC will need to be worked-up
- Help prepare business cases, manage delivery risk, secure the necessary controls (including land and existing properties), set up resilient delivery programmes, identify funding required, help set the right conditions for value uplift and, where needed, secure private sector partners through procurement and the right delivery mechanisms
- Lead the day to day matters for individual projects
- Work with regeneration, economic development, planning, housing, legal and other teams to ensure projects are fully coordinated with wider objectives across BCP
- Prepare justifications for budgets to engage external advisers, as required
- Actively engage with operators and local businesses to promote and test concepts to ensure decisions on scale and investment are robust
- Work with third party landowners as necessary
- Negotiate land and property acquisitions required
- Bring forward costed options and preferred strategies
- Prepare and update business cases
- Inform senior officers and councillors at regular intervals and secure the permissions needed for budgets and implementation
- Lead necessary procurements
- Identify additional resources that may be needed to support the day-to-day work
- Contribution to structuring project management to maintain clear reporting, controls, risk and financial management and design quality management processes
- Establishing corporate culture and ethos as a key member of start-up team and should demonstrate suitability for start-up environment
- Manage Induction into URC development/asset management/ Placemaking processes & ambition
Requirements of the Development Manager:
- Relevant surveying degree, accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Experience of development, regeneration, property sales and acquisitions, ideally in both the public and private sectors
- Experience of involvement in significant projects involving the delivery of residential, commercial, leisure, mixed-use and new trends such as co-working/business incubator, meanwhile, re-purposing high street properties
- Knowledge of and track record in Placemaking driven schemes and design quality Management
- Ability to prepare Project Inception Documents, Strategic Outline Business Cases and Detailed Business Cases to achieve the internal resourcing and budgetary approvals required
- Experience negotiating and completing property acquisitions and disposals
- Significant understanding of the property development and urban regeneration processes
- Experience of preparing financial viability appraisals, securing funding from public sector sources, capturing private sector finance for projects
- Experience in the preparation of Green Book Appraisals
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports for council committees and boards and related experience presenting and taking questions
- Ability to prepare briefs and procurement material, draft proofs of evidence and business cases
- Ability to work within a wider team, secure buy-in and communicate skilfully
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive production knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Development Manager job is advertised by Ben Fincham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.