Sanctuary Health has a permanent vacany for an experienced and dedicated Deputy Ward Manager (Registered General Nurse) to fill a full-time role based in Southampton.
The salary for this permanent Deputy Ward Manager role is £33,000 - £35,000 per annum.
- The role of the Deputy Ward Manager is to provide senior nursing leadership to the ward nursing team in support of the Ward Manager.
- They will have clinical experience and leadership that provides expertise and confidence to the nursing team and ward overall.
- They will have defined delegated responsibilities from the Ward Manager; having 1 day a week protected time for their management duties and have supervisory responsibilities for an agreed group of staff.
- Works as Senior Nurse in a Ward or equivalent area ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, their families and visitors.
- Apply relevant policies and statutory requirements within the ward and hospital framework of governance and communicates requirements to the wider team.
- Ensures that risk is assessed and managed across the immediate and wider working environment and that statutory requirements are met.
- Respects and applies the requirements of diversity and inclusion, promoting and role modelling these across the team.
- Identifies deficits in skill mix and safe staffing levels and acts to address these.
- Supervises a defined group of team members and contributes to their overall CPD, mandatory training and appraisal process recognising the skills required across the team. This will also include addressing any performance issues that are below the expected standard.
- Acts as a role model to promote a culture of learning development, inquiry and a team vision.
- Implements, monitors and evaluates therapeutic interventions within an overall care programme.
Requirements of the Deputy Ward Manager:
- Must be RGN qualified with a valid NMC Pin Number
- At least 3 years, or equivalent experience post registration
- Demonstrable expertise within a clinical speciality
This Deputy Ward Manager job is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.