Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency has a permanent vacancy for an experienced Deputy Ward Manager to work full-time in Leeds.
The salary for this permanent Deputy Manager role is £36,592.50 per annum.
- Take an active role in management of the ward/unit under the supervision of the Ward Manager, and to take charge in his/her absence. Participate fully with the clinical team and undertake direct patient care.
- Promote and maintain a professional working environment, ensuring a high standard of care at all times, assisting with evaluation through clinical governance and audit.
- Support and lead regular patient feedback mechanisms, e.g. satisfaction surveys, outcome studies, community meetings.
- Ensure effective communication between medical and nursing staff both verbal and written.
- Ensure all CPA and risk assessments including HONOS are monitored and updated on a regular basis to ensure the integral part of the patients care is of a high standard at all times.
- Supervision and support for the nursing staff team.
- Requirement of on call provision on a rotational basis
Requirements of the Deputy Manager:
- A relevant nursing qualification and registration – RMN / RNLD
- Excellent team working skills, a high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach - our units operate 24 hours 7 days a week, and our nursing staff work shift patterns including weekends, bank holidays and nights.
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Wellbeing Incentives
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Flexible Benefits Packages
- NMC Payment in full
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity of their choice
- All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
This Deputy Manager role is advertised by Paul Chittock; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.