Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy based in Harrow for a Social Work Deputy Team Manager to work within a Children in Need Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with the Social Work England.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £44,922 - £47,883 per annum.
- The post holder will be responsible for overseeing assessments for children in need of protection, children looked after and those subject to pre and court proceedings.
- As a first line manager, you will provide supervision both on a 1-1 basis for your 4 Social Workers, as well as leading pod supervision with your group.
- You will be overseeing complex social work assessments for children in need/child protection/children looked after and those subject to care proceedings through which you will ensure that the voice of children is routinely captured through the work of your Pod.
Requirements of the Deputy Team Manager:
- Recognised Social Work Qualification (Degree in Social Work, DipSW or CQSW)
- HCPC Registered
- Acceptable enhanced DBS
- Full UK driving license preferred
- Detailed knowledge of the Children's Act 1989
- Detailed knowledge of the "Framework for the Assessment of Children and Their Families"
- Ability to support Social Workers to undertake complex social work assessments
- Experience of formulating support, protection and care plans
- Ability to negotiate with colleagues and partner agencies to resolve differences of opinion
- Ability to build effective, long lasting relationships with a range of service providers both from statutory and voluntary agencies
- Experience of managing within a Social Work setting is desirable
This Deputy Team Manager job is advertised by Conor Clarke; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.