Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy based in Wallasey for a Deputy Manager.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £26,000 per annum, plus £65 per sleep in.
This role is on a permanent basis.
Duties of the Deputy Manager:
- Demonstrate practical leadership in childcare
- Assist in the organising and supporting of staff
- Ensure the effective implementation of the Children Act 1989 and the accompanying guidance and regulations
- Co-ordinate and access the appropriate services (health, education, therapy)
- Sustain and develop the administration systems, recording systems and repair work
- Provide an out of hours on-call service to staff on a rota basis
- To assist and supervise in the continual assessment of the needs of the children and young people
- Prepare specific development plans
- To be involved in the recruitment of staff including vetting, interviewing and inducting new employees
- Liaise with the various internal and external multi-disciplinary teams and commissioning authorities
- To chair meetings, reviews and discussions as necessary
- Ensure all clinical practices and medication processes within the home are conducted in line with legislation
- Ensure the all necessary documentation required by regulators is completed to a high standard and be available for inspections, checks or interviews as requested
Requirements of the Deputy Manager:
- Social work qualified
- Must have or be willing to work towards Level 5 NVQ
- Learning disability experience
- Experience in a residential setting, including staff recruitment, supervision and development
- Up-to-date knowledge of Childcare legislation, Ofsted regulations and Quality Standards and Children's Homes Regulations 2015
- Experience of budget management and change management
This Deputy Manager job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.