Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a role for a Cyber Security Specialist to work based within Tower Hamlets.
This pay rate for this Cyber Security Specialist role is £550 per day (ltd) and has an initial 2-month contract.
- Research, interpret, disseminate and implement best practice in cyber defence and network security
- Verify and audit compliance with Council policy, relevant codes of practice and appropriate legislation including the Data Protection Act in all matters relating to network security.
- Research, review, investigate, develop and implement new technologies to maintain and enhance the technical security of the Council’s network
- Provide expert domain support for incidents and investigations
- Engage with suppliers, advisers and regulators to review, upgrade and enhance the security of the Council’s network, ensuring compliance with mandatory codes of connection.
- Advise the IT Architect, Business Architects, Solutions Architects and the Technical Design Authority on security architecture, network security, reviewing the network security implications of technical designs and implementations.
- Work closely with programme and project managers advising on projects that have technical security risks.
- Requirements of the Operational/ Transformational Support:
- Extensive knowledge of networking principles, practices and technologies and the ability to apply this knowledge in a practical environment to deliver high performance, reliable and secure services.
Requirements of the Cyber Security Specialist:
- Significant experience in the operation at least two security vendor’s software, hardware or services or holding a relevant and current professional ICT security qualification.
- Extensive experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary ICT team
- Extensive knowledge of networking principles, practices and technologies and the ability to apply this knowledge
- Considerable knowledge of major technology trends and technology stacks/areas critical to the Council
- Good knowledge of legislative and regulatory compliances an organization must meet
- Must have previous experience working within a similar role
- Previous public sector experience would be advantageous
- An enhanced DBS certificate dated within the last 12 months is desirable but not essential
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
This Cyber Security Specialist role is advertised by Hollie Mills; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.