Band 6 Nurse - COVID 19 Immunisation Clinical Supervisor
Sanctuary has an exciting opportunity for you. As a Band 6 COVID 19 Immunisation Clinical Supervisor, here's your opportunity to help protect thousands of people in St Helens against coronavirus and relieve the pressure on the NHS.
Your experience of supervising immunisations will be invaluable in what is an incredible national effort to drive down infection rates. You will effectively be making history.
As Clinical Supervisor, you will be supported by other caring and compassionate professionals we place who have the right values to care for those being vaccinated.
You will oversee a dynamic team (pod) in delivering a safe and effective service for the delivery of [specific Covid 19 or Covid 19 and Influenza (flu)] vaccinations.
The following will be expected of you in your clinical supervisory role:
- Delivery of a safe immunisation service, assisting to influence and facilitate change within the setting and service areas.
- Conducting clinical assessments of patients prior to vaccination.
- Supporting the reviews of complex medical histories and potential adverse reactions and offering specialist advice as needed.
- The supervision of the configuration of the vaccination pod and vaccination station within the mass vaccination delivery model.
- The clinical supervision of safe vaccination delivery.
- The supervision of drawing up and preparation of the vaccine prior to administration and ensuring that each activity is recorded.
Requirements as a Clinical Supervisor:
- Degree or equivalent in general nursing
- Active NMC Registration as a registered general nurse
- Recent UK Nursing experience
- Recent experience within Immunisations
The vaccination PODs will be open from 8am until 8pm seven days a week and so you will be expected to work 12 hour shifts of 07:45am - 20:15pm. Payments for these will be in alignment with the NHS England and NHS Improvement cap.
Why apply through Sanctuary?
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, we have stood shoulder-to-shoulder with our colleagues in the NHS. We exclusively and successfully placed entire teams for the NHS Blood Plasma trials and are now stepping-up our support for the Mass Vaccination Programme throughout the UK.
When you register with Sanctuary, you will always know when and where you will be working and have the full support of our team.
You'll also benefit from:
- Excellent hourly rates, with prompt payment
- Access to a wide range of jobs across all bands and specialties
- Specialist dedicated recruitment consultant
- Referral scheme
Don't delay. The role is immediately available and is expected to continue until the programme closure (March 2021, possibly longer).
Our Shift Booking Team are waiting to welcome you. Simply click on the tab above to apply now.
Due to the high interest in the vaccination programme roles, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements. We hope you understand.