Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Costing & Income Accountant to work based in Birmingham.
The pay rate for this locum Costing & Income Accounting job is £21.34 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Be instrumental in ensuring the Trust is provided with the information to demonstrate value for money, agree the most efficient and effective income contracts, support the business planning process and identify the most economic activity for units
- Working closely with Commissioners to ensure that the Trust demonstrates the full cost of services compared to the income received, and wherever possible identifies areas for future cost improvement or funding support. Involvement in contract negotiations with Commissioners, to ensure that income is maximised, and monitoring of all income contracts
- Working closely with internal and external colleagues to develop effective costing processes, including the completion of annual reference cost returns and the introduction of PLICS
- Be responsible on a day to day basis for the management of a small team providing financial planning, reporting, training and business support to the Service Area in addition to deputising for the Finance and Business Manager in his/her absence
- Responsible for assisting the Head of Contracts in providing complex advice on all issues relating to Healthcare Income, the National Tariff and mental health currencies, reference costs and other costing returns
- Monitoring of all NHS Healthcare Income (c£220m) to ensure all income is correctly invoiced and reported in the finance ledger including accruing for income yet to be billed
- Responsible for ensuring invoices for healthcare income are paid and, working with the Accounts Receivables team, ensure income is received promptly
- Provide business modelling and costing in the redesign of existing services and development of new services in line with Trusts strategic aims whilst identifying the optimum usage of resources
- Maintain the overall cost model for the Trust including the impact of overheads and margins on the service provision of the Trust
- Development of a detailed and activity driven costing and pricing structure and provide support to the Deputy Director of Finance in the implementation of Service Line Management and Patient Level Costing (PLICS)
- Lead on the preparation and completing of the Trust Reference Costs, Programme Budgeting and Financial Mapping Exercises
- Analyse and report on income variances and advising the Finance and Business Managers on any risks on a monthly basis
- Develop and maintain Benchmarking tools and KPIs which support the Trust in maximising income and demonstrating value for money
- Provide specialist knowledge on non-payment by results and payment by results contract performance management
- Manage a small team of staff ensuring regular appraisal and development opportunities
- Be an active member of the Finance Directorate contributing to its development
- Deputise for the Head of Finance and Contracting in their absence in matters relating to Costing and Income
- Develop financial monitoring and performance systems for planned and budgeted information in relation to the Trusts contracting activity and income
- Supports the Senior Contracting Manager in the maintenance of the Trusts Contract register of all existing income
Requirements of the Costing & Income Accounting:
- CCAB Qualified, part qualified and actively studying towards
- Recent accounting experience
- Have and maintain specialist knowledge of contracting arrangements
- Be aware of and comply with their responsibilities for research governance, whether as researchers, as part of the team caring for those participating in research, or as research participants themselves
- Evidence of CPD activities
- Experience within an NHS finance department
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Understands current developments in NHS policy and implications for mental health services, in particular mental health providers
- Ability to lead and motivate a small staff team
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to see the wider issues associated with a particular situation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within agreed objectives
- Ability to organise own workload and that of others
- Ability to investigate, analyse and convey complex financial information to a non-Finance audience
- Comprehensive use of IT skills including Microsoft Office – advanced excel
- Flexible approach
- Sensitive and Persuasive
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive accounting knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Costing & Income Accounting job is advertised by Ben Fincham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.