Sanctuary Health has a job vacancy in Nottingham for a Consultant Psychiatrist and Medical Director to work in acute adult mental health services.
The salary for this Permanent role is £150,000 per annum.
We seek to appoint a highly motivated Consultant Psychiatrist and Medical Director to complement our existing medical work force. As a Consultant Psychiatrist you would lead a multidisciplinary team of professionals from nursing, clinical psychology, social work and occupational therapy to manage an agreed number of patients primarily based at the new PICU. As Hospital Medical Director, you would work closely with the Hospital Director as part of the Senior Management Team (SMT) to enable the hospital to provide and excellent operational and clinical performance. The hospital is also complemented by a number of Specialty Doctors who will form part of the MDT.
The treatment programmes aim to optimise patient recovery and potential by treating and minimising risk behaviours and by enabling them to develop psychological / emotional, social and occupational skills and resilience.
All interventions aim to help the patient to understand the effect of their behaviour on others, to help them to manage the impact of external triggers on their behaviour and ultimately to promote the concept of recovery.
These interventions include: Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT), Mental health awareness group, Individual and group psychological therapy, Managing anger programme (MAP), Drug and alcohol programme, Relationship programme (social skills), Coping skills programme and Problem solving therapy.
Our structured approach to care explicitly acknowledges and supports the issue of change (or readiness for change) and is essential for successful engagement and treatment.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra day's annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private MedicaI Insurance for you and your family
- Life Assurance
- Medical indemnity cover
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- CPD support
- Free on-site parking
- Priory Online Benefits and Cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Full GMC registration
- Previous experience at Consultant grade
- Psychiatry experience
- Those trained in the UK should have evidence of higher specialist training leading to CCT or be within 6 months of confirmed entry from date of interview or eligibility for specialist registration (CESR).
- Higher medical qualification (MRCPsych or equivalent).
This Consultant job is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.