Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for a dedicated Consultant Neuropsychologist to work full-time in Glasgow.
The salary for this permanent Consultant Neuropsychologist job is £71,365 - £76,914 per annum.
- Provide strategic professional and clinical leadership to the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust through the Clinical Executive
- Provide professional and clinical leadership within the service and across the region, ensuring the planning and development of a systematic response to service need, interpreting professional policies and ensuring that the service operates at the highest level of quality and current best practice, with research and development a major responsibility and taking a major role in the development and implementation of policy for the service as a whole
- Provide clinical services at a high level of expertise, supporting and advising colleagues on all issues concerned with neuropsychological clinical practice and providing expert clinical consultation and professional guidance to clinical neuropsychologists, clinical psychologists and other clinicians within BIRT
- Provide clinical leadership and direction for the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust service across the relevant region, including the clinical leadership of the multidisciplinary team and support worker staff within the service and other related BIRT services in the region
- Provide at a high level of expertise specialist neuropsychological assessment of adults with neurological injury, utilising information from a broad range of structured psychometric and semi-structured clinical methodologies and integrating it into a neuropsychological formulation of the service user based on a sound understanding of neuroanatomy, neuropsychology, neuropathology and brain-behaviour relationships within the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust
- Formulate and implement plans for brain injury rehabilitation or management of service users' brain injury problems based on a multi-factorial neuropsychological understanding and current evidence-based best practice, taking the lead in very complex cases within the Service/ Region the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust
- Undertake at a high level of expertise a range of neuropsychological therapeutic interventions, drawing on a range of psychological models and employing a range of modalities (individual, family and group) adapted and tailored to the needs of the individual and the context and the ongoing evaluation of the outcomes of the intervention within the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust
- Be responsible for providing a specialist neuropsychological perspective in the interdisciplinary assessment of service users and their families within the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust and particularly for very complex cases with ABI
- Contribute expert highly specialist psychological advice to the multi-disciplinary formulation of appropriate therapeutic approaches or rehabilitation plans, and be involved in, or oversee specialist neuropsychological aspects of their implementation in collaboration with other staff
- Assess the suitability of service users for BIRT services and to undertake a risk assessment and risk management for relevant service users and provide advice on the neuropsychological and behavioural aspects of risk to the multidisciplinary team
- Undertake neuropsychologically based risk assessment and risk management for relevant service users and provide advice on the neuropsychological aspects of risk to other professionals
- Consult with and provide specialist neuropsychological guidance to carers and families of service users within BIRT
- Oversee the Clinical Governance of the interdisciplinary team at the service
- Be responsible for the relevant data collection on work activities, as required, and to maintain a high standard of clinical record keeping
Requirements of the Consultant Neuropsychologist:
- HCPC registered psychologist
- Relevant qualification
- Recent experience working within psychology
This Consultant Neuropsychologist job is advertised by Paul Chittock; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.