Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Consultant in Public Health to work based in Kingston Upon Thames.
The pay rate for this locum Consultant in Public Health job is £700 per day and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Support the council in developing links with research opportunities and building research networks across the region and to help connect academic and practice-based Public Health and develop local government and CRN public health research
- Establish and demonstrate connections and raise awareness across local authorities in their STP
- Connect academic public health partners with key local authority teams across the wider determinants of health (e.g. public health, transport, education, social care) to develop and deliver public health research and expand the CRN Public Health portfolio
- Contribute to the delivery of CRN activities including research training, study support, research delivery support and accrual of research activity
- Establish a network of contacts across local authorities to facilitate delivery activities as described above and to share learning in these areas across their STP
- Be responsible for working with and supporting the Local Government Research Practitioners (currently being recruited in other South London local authorities) in the identification and co-development of research and grant applications in conjunction with academic and other LA partners; work with local authority information services and research data teams to design and implement robust data capture processes to produce research data sets across local authorities within the STP and in collaboration with other local authorities across the CRN South London region
- Work with their Local Authority Director of Public Health/Public Health Consultant, CRN South London Research Delivery Manager, the Public Health Specialty Research Lead and local NIHR partners, ensuring cross local authority and STP working
- Responsible for supporting the development of research activity within the organisation
Requirements of the Consultant in Public Health:
- Relevant qualification
- Thrive in an agile and networked organisation and who can support continuous improvement within a constructive organisational culture
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work autonomously and flexibly, as well as a sound understanding of public health research and experience of the local government environment
- A passion for bringing research opportunities to the local authority and an ambition to introduce robust evaluation to locally delivered public health and preventative interventions
This Consultant in Public Health job is advertised by Billy Holland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements regretfully.