Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Consultant Doctor specialising in Medical Microbiology to work either full-time or part time based in Chester.
This salary for this permanent Consultant Medical Microbiologist role is dependent on banding and experience.
- The candidate will be expected to integrate within the team of existing consultants in order to provide a comprehensive, efficient, energetic and high-quality medical microbiology and infection control service. The candidate is mainly expected to contribute to the everyday clinical microbiology advisory service for the Trust, GPs and Community, together with ward rounds and follow up of clinically relevant results.
- To share with the current post-holders responsibility for the organisation, management and delivery of laboratory, clinical and infection control services.
- To liaise with the Trust and Directorate Management team as required.
- To liaise with clinical hospital staff and general practitioners concerning the diagnosis and management of patients and prevention of infection. To share in ensuring that records of infection, telephoned advice and infection control are kept.
- To advise and support the infection control nurses in day-to-day activities.
- To share in the teaching commitments of the Microbiology Department.
- To contribute to audit, both locally and regionally.
- Together with the Arrowe Park Hospital consultants, ensure that the laboratory maintains UKAS (ISO) accreditation.
- To share responsibility for quality assurance (internal and external) within the department.
- To carry out a proportionate equal share of the workload.
- To be registered for and undertake Continuing Professional Development.
- To cover for annual leave, study leave and sick leave of Consultant Microbiologist colleagues.
- To participate in the on-call service in conjunction with the four Consultants in Arrowe Park Hospital and two Consultants in Warrington Hospital.
- To attend the microbiology laboratory as duty doctor 1 week in 7 to support and advise on day-to-day laboratory work.
Requirements of the Consultant Medical Microbiologist:
- Full and specialist registration (and with a licence to practise) with the General Medical Council (GMC) (or be eligible for registration within six months of interview)
- Must be a holder of a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT), or be within six months of award of CCT by date of interview.
- Wide clinical experience in Medical Microbiology
This Consultant Medical Microbiologist job is advertised by Marlon Sorhaindo; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.