Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse to work full-time within a Perinatal Mental Health Service based in Doncaster. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this locum Community Psychiatric Nurse role is £25.23 per hour (Assignment Rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- Work as a member of the citywide Sheffield, Rotherham and Doncaster Perinatal Mental Health Service (and to be based within the one of the three teams).
- Work as a Clinician within the Perinatal Mental Health Service, responsible for the assessment and treatment of clients with, or at high risk of, childbirth related serious mental illness.
- Provide specialist advice about medical treatment for perinatal mental health disorders, but not prescribe because of the specialist nature of this condition.
- Joint working with other services and organisations is an essential part of the role, especially with clients with severe and enduring mental health problems, who may need the additional skills of this specialised service, during pregnancy and the postnatal period.
- Include families / carers in decision making and planning.
- Signpost or refer patients to appropriate statutory and non-statutory services.
- Work closely with the staff and specialist mental health midwives, in the joint care mental health antenatal clinic and provide advice and assessments to the maternity wards, both routine and emergency, as requested/
- Conduct routine and emergency psychosocial, risk and carer assessments in accordance with service policy;
- Plan and arrange subsequent mental health care.
- Discharge patients from the perinatal mental health service in collaboration with other perinatal mental health service staff.
- Negotiate clinical input from other disciplines from within and external to the perinatal mental health service to ensure the provision of a clinically appropriate and multidisciplinary approach.
Requirements of the Community Psychiatric Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration under Mental Health
- Experience working within a similar role would be highly desirable
- A degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Community Psychiatric Nurse job is advertised by Alex West; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.