Sanctuary Health are currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse to work full-time in an Adults Criris Team based in Rotherham. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rates for this locum Community Psychiatric Nurse job is £25.23 - £43.10 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- The service triages and assesses all urgent and emergency referrals to identify the most appropriate service to meet individual need when persons are experiencing a mental health crisis. This involves telephone triage, support and signposting and face to face full needs assessment, care planning and referring on to relevant services.
- The team currently consists of Community Mental Health Nurses, Approved Mental Health Professionals, Consultant Psychiatrist and other associated medical staff.
- To triage all mental health referrals to the Crisis Team to determine the priority for service response and the appropriate clinical pathway. This includes completing identified shifts based at Woodside working alongside the Care Co-ordination centre call handlers to provide timely triage for callers to the crisis line.
- To carry out a full assessments of needs including comprehensive risk assessments of persons referred or self-referred to the service.
- To recommend and refer, where treatment/intervention is indicated, to the most appropriate team/ service utilising all available resources.
- To identify where appropriate treatment based interventions for all service users ensuring that best practice is implemented.
Requirements of the Community Psychiatric Nurse:
- Degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
- NMC registration and a valid live pin
- Recent UK Mental Health Nursing experience
This Community Psychiatric Nurse job is advertised by Alex West; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.