Are you interested in a new Community Psychiatric Nurse (CPN) role?
Sanctuary Health is currently looking for a Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse to work in Wandsworth and West Battersea.
The pay rate for this full-time role is £27.33 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 6-month contract.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all agencies and agents involved in supporting adults with severe mental health problems
- The flexible management of a defined caseload
- Maintain a high standard of individualised client care, recognising factors and events that are likely to affect the mental, emotional and physical well-being of clients/carers
- To implement and/or participate in crisis intervention measures
- To supervise and monitor the therapeutic effects and side-effects of prescribed medication
- To organise and participate in the admission, discharge and transfer of clients
- To provide clients and carer's with verbal and written up to date information on the services offered by the Trust
- To attend weekly clinical meetings
- To facilitate carers' assessments and provide an appropriate care plan
- To enter information onto Rio and prepare reports
- To assist in the successful induction of new staff and regular supervision of junior staff
- To be responsible for assisting clients in managing budgets
- To participate in nursing research and disseminate the knowledge and results from such research to colleagues
Requirements of the Community Psychiatric Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration under Mental Health
- A degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
- Driving license
- Experience of working community nursing
- Experience of working with people who experience serious ongoing mental health problems in a variety of settings
- Experience of recruitment and selection of staff
- Experience of managing and monitoring budgets
- Skills in CBT or family work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This Community Psychiatric Nurse job is advertised by Deane Garrard; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.