Sanctuary Health is currently looking for experienced and dedicated Band 6 Community Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapists to work within a Rapid Response Team based in Chertsey on a full-time basis. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for these locum Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapists job are £25 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
About the Team:
- The Rapid Response service provides specialist individualised rehabilitation packages of care to patients referred from the community in crisis, preventing unnecessary hospital admissions and supporting complex discharges from hospitals to enable patients to maximise independence in the most appropriate care setting.
Occupational Therapist Duties:
- Undertake advanced OT and generic assessments of individuals including functional and environmental factors. These patients will have complex and or chronic presentation.
- Devise, implement and evaluate patient centred treatment plans through selective techniques and graded activities, to ensure that the individuals full potential and functional independence is developed or maintained.
- Communicate effectively to the multi-disciplinary team to promote patient safety and the management of risk.
- Provide an effective high quality service to a patients, developing the service according to patient need and available resources
- Participate in training and supervision of junior OT's, rehabilitation assistants and OT students within the speciality.
- Monitor and improve standards of care through supervision and reflection on own practice and that of junior staff and assistants/technicians.
- Undertake evidence based projects, including recommendations for change in practice and to lead where appropriate in departmental evaluation/research..
- Be responsible as an autonomous practitioner to undertake a comprehensive clinical workload with supervision.
- Work as a member of the multi-disciplinary Rapid Response team.
- Undertake assessments, clinical diagnosis and treatment of patients including telephone triage, multi-factorial falls assessments, and patients who may require crisis management and/or rehabilitation interventions to prevent acute hospital admissions and to support complex hospital discharges.
- These patients often have complex presentations.
- Work as an autonomous practitioner to undertake a significant clinical caseload, working without direct supervision.
- Access to a Physiotherapy Team Lead or Advanced Physiotherapist is available within the service.
- Take a role in supervision and teaching of qualified and unqualified clinical staff to include nurses, occupational therapists and rehabilitation assistants.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and contribute to service development and monitoring of standards of practice, and developing multidisciplinary management of patients
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy/ Physiotherapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist/ Physiotherapist
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post-qualification
- Car driver essential.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy/physiotherapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
These Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist jobs are advertised by Ross Welton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.