Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Band 6 Community Occupational Therapist to work full-time (37 hours per week) based in Downpatrick.
The pay rate for this locum Community Occupational Therapist job is £20.46 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month ongoing contract.
- Intermediate Care services are flexible and responsive requiring staff to work between the hours of 9.00 am – 8.00 pm, including weekends.
- The person appointed must be flexible in working over weekends and bank holidays as necessary.
- Work across Intermediate Care Services (to include Discharge to Assess, Discharge Hub and Reablement Services) to enable older people to regain the skills and confidence they may have lost as a result of poor health or as a consequence of having spent a period of time in hospital or care home setting.
- The focus will be on helping older people to become as independent as possible in the everyday occupations they need and like to do, including self-care, leisure and productivity.
- In doing so, restoring/improving occupational performance in individuals either temporarily or permanently disabled due to illness or injury in order to assist them to live as independent as possible within their own home/living environment.
- Have a clinical role as well as supervisory/management responsibilities for staff including Occupational Therapists and Intermediate Care Support workers ensuring that all external and internal quality standards are achieved and the service meets all the agreed performance indicators.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team, responding to referrals from acute and community settings.
- Assess and review needs, optimising independence, make recommendations upon the outcome or review regarding social care needs and appropriate onward referrals to relevant Teams.
Requirements of the Community Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- At least two years of post-qualification experience as an Occupational Therapist.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Community Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Ruben Mota; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.