Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Tower Hamlets for a Band 6 Community Occupational Therapist.
The pay rate for this locum Community Occupational Therapist job is £29 - £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
This role will include some remote working.
Weekend work available.
- Clinic community
- Helping to discharge patients from out of borough hospitals and step-down beds
- Provide specialised client-centered occupational therapy assessment and intervention to clients who are resident in the community
- Be responsible for provision of equipment, conducting a risk assessment and any necessary training
- Use specialised therapeutic moving and handling skills in the assessment and treatment of clients, including providing advice and training to client/family/carers on correct handling techniques, having undertaken specialised manual handling risk assessments
- Assessing patients from out of borough hospitals and step-down beds for safe return home or other facilities
Requirements of the Community Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post qualification
- Good problem solving and clinical reasoning skills-to formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan designed to prevent readmission to hospital and reduce the impact of disability
- Good knowledge of a range of special equipment/adaptations and to assess the need of this in line with the eligibility criteria set out by the London Borough of Tower Hamlets Social Services
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Community Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.