Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Community Mental Health Occupational Therapist to work full-time based in East Wandsworth.
The pay rate for this locum job is £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- Working autonomously within the parameters of the role leading and supporting junior staff and wider care team to implement the delivery of quality nursing care, contributing to the physical, psychological, social, recreational and spiritual care in a recovery-focused way through therapeutic engagement and activities, and taking steps to address any issues that arise.
- Leading on and undertaking activities to ensure that the fundamentals of care are met - nutrition, hydration, hygiene, comfort, emotional and social support:
- Co-ordinating and evaluating collaborative patient centred care; getting feedback and improving plans with the multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
- Providing accurate information about care in an accessible format to patients and their relatives / carers.
- Liaising and working positively with members of the multi- disciplinary team and partner organisations.
- Administering, and monitoring the side-effects of, medication; monitoring service user compliance.
- Safety: safe custody of medicines, sharps, clinical equipment, report all incidents following trust policy.
- Leading and supporting/teaching junior staff on risk assessment and risk management that involves making decisions based on knowledge of the research evidence, knowledge of the individual service user and their social context, knowledge of the service user’s own experience and clinical judgment.
- Supporting and supervising junior staff to develop the management of care needs.
• Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
• HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
• 2 years previous experience as an Occupational Therapist
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
• Daily payroll
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive physiotherapist knowledge
• Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
• Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
• Clinical governance support
• In house payroll system
• Industry-leading shift booking system
• Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this positions please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.