Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in South Wiltshire for a Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse (CPN) to work 37.5 hours per week.
The pay rate for this full-time role is £35 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 1-month contract.
- Prioritise assessments based on clinical need and risk, making evidence- based recommendations for care and treatment within and across multiple care pathways
- Working in conjunction with Primary Care colleagues to identify care and treatment options which enable service users to remain within their existing support/care pathways and maintain their community tenure
- Working extended hours and some Saturday mornings
- Maintain close working relationships with Recovery and Intensive services, Community Mental Health Teams as well as the Acute Hospital Liaison Services
- Provide Primary Care Services with rapid access to specialist mental health advice and support and to enable them to deal more effectively with a range of mental health problems
- Provide information, proportional assessment and sign posting to patients and their family and carers presenting with mental health problems/needs in community settings
- Foster strong collaborative and trusting working relationships with the referring agent/Primary Care Health Care Professionals underpinned by an educative and solutions focussed philosophy whilst providing them with credible clinical expertise
- The promotion and use of additional standardised assessment tools
- Promoting the importance of working with, strengths and aspirations of the person referred
- The provision of succinct formulations and recommendations (inclusive of risk management advice)
- Assessment of or advice on the impact of culture and diversity
- Consideration of the respective Primary Care HCP’s confidence and capability in relation to The 10 Essential Shared Capabilities (best practice in Mental Health Care)
- Best practice advice and support in a broad range of conditions for people with both functional or organic mental health needs
- Promotion and recognition of the needs of family and carer/s, including various support networks and third sector agencies
- Advice and support on evaluating risk from a positive risk taking perspective
- Support and clarity on formulations within a bio-psycho-social model, including people with medically unexplained symptoms
- Identifying and ensuring specialist involvement where required
- Advice on interventions and treatments required to enable positive change
- Support and advice within Safeguarding and public protection procedures where the issues are complicated by mental health problems
- Second opinion on complex capacity assessments
- Facilitate the development of safe and effective mental health care practice within the primary care setting
Requirements of the Community Mental Health Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration under Mental Health
- Previous experience working as a CPN
- A degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive mental health nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Community Mental Health Nurse job is advertised by Connor Knight-Robey; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.