Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse (CPN) to work full-time based in Putney and Roehampton, within the Adult Services.
The pay rate for this full-time role is £30.14 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 1-month contract.
- Liaise with Locality Manager/Deputy Locality Manager, CMHT staff, Lead Nurse, Ward Team Services and other Community Teams
- Work within the Trust’s CPA/Care Management framework and the standards set out in the Adult Directorates Operational Policy for Community Mental Health Teams
- Undertake the care coordinator role for a defined caseload of clients with severe and enduring mental health problems
- Promote, by example and leadership, a high standard of patient care
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all agencies and agents involved in supporting adults with severe mental health problems
- Be responsible for the flexible management of a defined caseload designed to meet the individual needs of the client and the carer’s
- Maintain high standard of individualised client care, recognising factors and events that are likely to affect the mental, emotional and physical well-being of clients/carers and provide advice and support when required
- Act as a care coordinator in assessing clients’ needs and strengths through a collaborative approach, ensuring that all clients have care plans and that these are implemented and regularly reviewed/updated
- Develop and maintain a high standard of practice, based on assessment, through the use of a range of psychosocial approaches, within a health and psycho-social framework
- Communicate/liaise effectively within relevant agencies to ensure that an integrated programmed of care is provided throughout
- Implement and/or participate in crisis intervention measures with the client/family or in conjunction with other agencies
- Supervise and monitor the therapeutic effects and side-effects of prescribed medication providing the client with clear advice and information in accordance with the Trust Policy and the NMC Standards for administration of drugs
- Organise and participate in the admission, discharge and transfer of clients in accordance with the Trust Policies
- Provide clients and carer’s with verbal and written up to date information on the services offered by the Trust, how to express their views, complaints procedure and what they can expect from the CMHT
- Attend weekly clinical meetings to provide the team with relevant information in relation to caseload, referrals and to feedback on new assessment
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with in-patient facilities regarding admission and discharge of clients
Requirements of the Community Mental Health Nurse:
- RMN (current NMC registration)
- Have an awareness of the need to manage resources effectively within determined budgets
- Be conversant in and contribute to local initiatives on Clinical Governance, ie; Risk Management, Clinical Effectiveness and Local Clinical improvement Groups
- Be fully conversant with legislation relevant to current practice
- Evidence of continuing professional and personal development
- Driving license
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- ENB 812 or equivalent
- Diploma/BSC in Community Nursing
- Demonstrable experience of working with people who experience serious ongoing mental health problems in a variety of settings
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of assessing and managing crisis with those with a severe mental illness
- Experience of working in community nursing
- Experience of working in a CMHT or other community health setting
- Experience of contributing to policy and procedure development and implementation
- Experience of managing and supervising other staff
- Experience of recruitment and selection of staff
- Experience of managing and monitoring budgets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Skills in assessment, care planning and case management
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive mental health nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Community Mental Health Nurse job is advertised by Andrew Cleeve; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.