Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse (CPN) to work based in Bristol, within the Early Intervention for Psychosis Team.
The pay rate for this locum role is £35 - £48.95 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 1-month contract.
The Early Intervention for Psychosis Service will provide help and support to people over 14 years and under 65 years of age for 3 years following a first episode psychosis or for a limited period where there may be a possible psychosis. The team will act as a resource to the adult mental health community, CAMHS and inpatient services, by raising awareness of the needs of this client group, providing information and consultation about psychosis. It will Case Manage individuals presenting with signs of a first episode of psychosis in line with local and national guidelines on Early Intervention. The team will develop close links with other agencies in the locality such as CAMHS, Connexions and the College and the Social Services 16 – 18 team. There are a number of teams across Avon and Wiltshire Partnership and there is a strong network supporting teams.
- To assess young people with psychosis or possible psychosis
- To plan and implement specialist programmes of care for young people following the first appearance of psychosis or for a limited period where psychosis is suspected, including carrying a specialist caseload of clients and acting as care co-ordinator
- To liaise and work in collaboration with other agencies in planning and assessing
- programmes of care
- To provide specialist advice to young people, carers, and professionals
- To develop awareness sessions around psychosis and early intervention to be delivered within education and youth services
- To provide clinical supervision to junior staff, students, and support workers
- To undertake audit, research, and development activities.
Requirements of the Community Mental Health Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration under Mental Health.
- Broad based post qualification mental health experience, including working with first episode psychosis.
- A degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained).
- Appropriate CPD post-qualification in adolescent mental health / psychosocial interventions.
- Experience of and commitment to multi-disciplinary working.
- Experience of Care Co-ordination or equivalent role.
- Experience of providing clinical supervision to junior staff / consultation for other professionals.
- Good knowledge of severe mental illness.
- Good knowledge and skills in psychiatric assessment / formulation with client group.
- Ability to cope with workload pressure.
- Self-awareness and emotional resilience when faced with difficult and demanding clinical situations.
- Able to communicate effectively within a highly emotive atmosphere.
- Advanced keyboard skills.
- Knowledge and skills around substance abuse.
- Experience of teaching / training.
- Clean driving license and access to a car.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive mental health nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse job is advertised by Connor Robey; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.