Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse (CPN) to work based in Langley Burrell as a Psychiatric Liaison.
The pay rate for this locum role is £34.80 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 1-month contract.
- Offering an assessment service to patients presenting with a range of undifferentiated mental health and psychological problems, and psychiatric illnesses
- Providing a mental health consultation liaison and advice service
- Delivering a range of nursing and psychosocial interventions to individual patients and their families, as appropriate
- Assisting and supporting general hospital colleagues in making decisions about treatment and care in complex situations
- Providing formal and informal education and clinical supervision to registered and unregistered staff
- Representing mental health services within the general hospital
- Providing a communication structure between the general hospital, secondary mental health services, primary care and non-statutory services, as a means of ensuring the highest possible standards of patient care
Requirements of the Community Mental Health Nurse:
- Registered Nurse (mental health), Social Worker or Occupational Therapy. Must have current professional registration
- Diploma in Professional Studies (Nursing) - or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of professional updating and development in the nursing care of patients in an acute or community setting.
- Knowledge of the various approaches to mental health assessment.
- Knowledge of key areas of liaison psychiatric nursing practice, including the psychological effects of physical illness.
- Knowledge of nursing patients in an acute phase of mental illness/distress.
- Knowledge of risk assessment and management, particularly in relation to suicide and suicide prevention.
- Knowledge of the clinical and demographic risk factors associated with suicide and self-harm.
- Knowledge of Common Law and issues relating the Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act.
- Experience of assessing, planning, and evaluating mental health nursing interventions.
- Skills in interacting therapeutically with distressed and/or disturbed individuals.
- Experience of working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of carrying out risk assessment and management, particularly in relation to suicide and suicide prevention.
- Experience of sharing skills and knowledge with others through formal and informal learning opportunities
- Excellent communication skills – both face to face and written
- Experience of working therapeutically in residential and/or community settings.
- Experience of delivering psychiatric interventions to individuals who are acutely unwell
- Ability to remain resilient in challenging situations.
- Flexible and enthusiastic.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive mental health nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse job is advertised by Connor Robey; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.