Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Specialist Community Mental Health Nurse (CPN) to work based in Harlow.
The pay rate for this locum role is £27.17 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 1-month contract.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team leading and contributing in all social care knowledge and skills including legislation and safeguarding.
- If a newly qualified social worker, you will complete your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) working in a community environment with regular supervision and support.
- Assess, manage, care plan, support and review care needs in line with policy, procedures, and legislation, including the provision of aftercare under Section 117 of the Mental Health Act. Act as a care coordinator for your own caseload.
- Use strength-based approaches to support service users, focusing on them achieving positive outcomes to enhance their wellbeing, look at prevention and increasing their independence in line with the Care Act 2014.
- Provide a clear picture of how a person’s independence can be promoted and maximised. Promote conversations to draw on the support around each person, their networks, local community and personal resources and support with delivering statutory responsibilities under the Care Act (2014).
- Support adults to be safeguarded in line with the Care Act 2014, manage risk and meet eligible need.
- Use digital and technology solutions where they will meet the need and offer a more sustainable approach.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision and management of lower banded staff within your team locality.
- As required by your manager, this may include ensuring new staff are appropriately inducted, that staff receive appropriate supervision, have an annual appraisal and are compliant with mandatory training requirements. Where appropriate this may also include the requirement you manage these staff in line with agreed Trust HR processes.
- To liaise with staff in a variety of settings, ensuring that teams are able to respond effectively and efficiently to the needs of people with mental health problems in their care.
- Use I.T. systems relating to client information, complying with practice requirements, legislation and local policy relating to data protection.
Requirements of the Specialist Community Mental Health Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration under Mental Health.
- Previous experience working as a CPN.
- Possession of recognised Social Work Qualification – Degree in Social Work, DipSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
- Continue to develop your social work skills working towards successful completion of the AMHP training.
- Agrees a commitment to AMHP training.
- Multi-disciplinary Social Care experience within multi-disciplinary team – relevant to people with mental health difficulties.
- Knowledge and understanding of Social Care practice as defined by HCPC and appropriate legislation and guidance.
- Working knowledge of The Care Act and other key legislation.
- Literate in IT/Computer Skills.
- Good oral communication skills based on fluency on the English language.
- Makes ongoing assessments of frequently complex service users needs and associated risks and demonstrates knowledge and understanding of wide range of resource options within budgetary framework/ constraints.
- Flexible, positive, and empathetic approach.
- Produces clear, accurate and concise oral and written assessments, records and reports to facilitate decision making within multi-disciplinary teams.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive mental health nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Specialist Community Mental Health Nurse job is advertised by Andrew Cleeve; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.