Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse (CPN) to work based in Uckfield.
The pay rate for this locum role is £26.78 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 1-month contract.
- Monday to Friday, 9am-8pm.
- To be a core member of the team, using specialist health assessments to manage a caseload of clients with complex health needs.
- To provide a highly specialised range of clinical interventions relevant to the care group and have knowledge of evidence based models of practice.
- For LD and SMS, posts case co-ordination will be a central part of the role, in line with team processes.
- To develop care plans that meet the needs of the individual and their family/carers as appropriate and that are focused on strengths and are outcome based.
- To plan and implement client centred individual, family and group interventions, using graded activity to achieve therapeutic goals.
- To monitor, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention.
- To administer and monitor medication prescribed to individual service users, providing information and advice.
- Maintain the safe custody and control of medication.
- Ensure safe disposal of clinical waste.
- To monitor; risk, progress and where necessary compliance including the service users views to their care and treatment and when appropriate to work in partnership with the service users family and carers. To explain and discuss medication with the service user, including side effects they may experience and the role that the medication may have in their recovery or ongoing care.
- To carry out assessments of clients work/educational / vocational and housing needs/aspirations and ensure that these are met where appropriate.
- To carry out carers assessments and implement a plan of care accordingly.
Requirements of the Community Mental Health Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration under Mental Health.
- Previous experience working as a CPN.
- A degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained).
- Completion of Mentorship Course/ENB equivalent.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Experience of working alongside people with complex health problems in the designated care group.
- Experience of providing a range of clinical interventions to people in the designated care group with a variety of health problems.
- Experience of working within the CPA process.
- IT literacy and willingness to take on new technology.
- Able to use Word, PowerPoint, clinical systems, email.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive mental health nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse job is advertised by Neil Swager; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.