Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 8a Community Matron to work full-time within a People with Learning Disability Service based in Ealing. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this locum Community Matron role is £35.41 per hour (Assignment Rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- The Community Matron will play a key role in monitoring quality and standards in the delivery of community nursing to adults with learning disabilities.
- The post holder will be responsible for the implementation of The Department of Health (NHS England, 2013), Vision and Strategy: the Nursing Contribution to the health and well-being of people with Learning Disabilities.
- Assesses, develops, implements and evaluates programmes of care.
- Monitors and ensures maintenance of standards of care.
- Monitors and ensures high quality care for Patients and their relatives
- Expert clinical practitioner within LD.
- Supervises and develops staff.
- Participates in research and audit.
- Proactive in resource and financial management.
- Management of the LeDeR process.
Requirements of the Community Matron:
- Valid NMC registration under Mental Health
- Experience in community mental health desired, preferably 2 years post-qualifying experience
- A degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
- Experience managing complex caseloads and working directly with the consultant Psychiatrist.
This Community Matron job is advertised by Andrew Cleeve; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.