Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Commissioner to fill a full-time role within Children's Service based in East London.
The pay rate for this locum Commissioner job is £440 - £450 per day (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 6-month contract.
- To establish and maintain a list of appropriately registered providers and build efficient and effective commissioning relationships with them, including internal providers where appropriate.
- To ensure that the development and delivery of services is undertaken with the involvement of children, young people, their families and local communities and staff.
- To develop and maintain mechanisms that engage & consult with statutory providers, voluntary, private & independent sectors and young people and parents/carers to identify needs and obtain feedback services.
- To lead development of service specifications and contracts, using appropriate tendering processes.
- To attend meetings representing the Council- internal and external, and relevant Boards as appropriate at a London and national level.
- To provide information, guidance and training as appropriate on commissioning activity, process and local priorities
- The post holder may be required to work evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays, in order to meet the needs of all service users and stakeholders.
- To carry out any other duties which are commensurate with this post as may be required.
- To evaluate and challenge, when required, commissioned services' performance and activity to ensure that the Council and residents are receiving value for money and that statutory responsibilities are being met.
- To identify requirement for and undertake service reviews and audits of services, working jointly with the Brokerage Manager and brokerage team.
- To commission/de-commission services in line with applicable governance requirements
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree / Diploma in Social Work).
- Registered on Social Work England.
- Management experience is essential.
This Commissioner job is advertised by Billy Holland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.