About the Business
Sanctuary is a leading supplier of people and services to the public and private sector, specialising in Health and Social Care. We have an ambitious strategy to grow our profitability over the next 3 years, and require an experienced commercial accountant to support the business, across a breadth of divisions.
Sanctuary is recognised across the industry as being a leader in its markets. Established for over 15 years and employing over 200 people, the head office is located in the centre of Ipswich. We are regularly shortlisted for local and national awards, having won the EADT Business of the Year in 2017, the Best public Sector Recruitment Agency at the National Recruitment Industry Awards in 2019, and being one of the top 15 largest companies in the region (Grant Thornton Suffolk Limited 100, 2019).
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
You will be working in a team geared towards performance with an open corporate culture that values the contribution of every individual.
We can also offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of teamwork and the opportunity to play a vital role in our plans to be the UK's largest Health and Social Care recruitment and outsourced service provider.
About the Role
We're looking for an individual to lead our small commercial/data analysis team to support the Senior Leadership Team to understand the business performance, and forecast project and divisional growth; an individual who can work across the organisation to bring insight to the data, evaluate new opportunities and build robust budgets and forecasts.
The role is highly commercial, being at the centre of pricing service offerings and market solutions, providing an exciting opportunity for the individual to make a valuable contribution both to the business and to the provision of Health and Social Care solutions across our markets
The role is responsible for providing all areas of the company with clear, accurate, and concise reporting; monitoring performance at a company, team and individual level, and ensuring the quality of data being recorded within the company is of a good standard to ensure accuracy of output/ analysis.
You will be based in Ipswich, and report to the Group FC.
To succeed in the role you will have:
- A relevant accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Significant working experience of SQL, with an understanding of SQL Fundamentals; working on a daily basis with tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft PowerBI, with an ability to maintain PowerBI data gateways and creation of new automated PowerBI reports
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to manipulate and present large datasets
- A strong financial background, with experience of building financial budget and forecast models, and an understanding of business financial performance; revenue, costs and profitability
- Adept at data queries, manipulation, presentation and report writing to enable clear explanation of key trends and analysis from underlying granular data.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- A proactive and hands-on approach to your work, owning, leading and completing the analysis required to reach conclusions and help support senior decision makers
- A creative/inventive problem-solving skillset, with the ability to conduct analytical work quickly, accurately and with strong insight and perspective
- An effective use of judgement with an ability to view decisions objectively, carefully and accurately to weigh conflicting data points/perspectives to achieve an efficient outcome
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A proven ability to work in a collaborative manner with multiple teams and to work credibly with senior leaders.
- Excellent people skills, with an approachable and team orientated attitude, forming strong personal relationships, both internally and externally
- Familiarity with other relational databases (e.g. MS Access)
- Recognised qualifications or training in maths, statistics, computer science or a related field to support your data analysis skills