Sanctuary Health is currently looking for a dedicated Band 7 Clinical Psychologist to work full-time within a Learning Disabilities Team based in Ealing.
The pay rate for this locum Psychologist job is £31 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an 11-month contract.
- To provide a qualified clinical psychology service to clients of the Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities, across all sectors of care; providing highly specialist psychological assessment and therapy at the same time as offering advice and consultation on clients' psychological care to non-psychologist colleagues and to other, non professional carers, working autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the team's policies and procedures.
- To utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development and research within the area served by the team/service.
Requirements of the Psychologist:
- To be eligible for this role you must be an HCPC registered psychologist, have a relevant qualification and recent experience is essential.
- Doctorate level training in clinical psychology, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology as accredited by the BPS.
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings, including outpatient, community, primary care and in patient settings.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Demonstrate further specialist training/experience through having received clinical supervision working as a specialist clinical psychologist over a extensive time period, or an alternative agreed by the Head of Psychology.
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities.
This Psychologist job is advertised by Dan Potts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.