Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 7 Clinical Lead to work based in Sale, within the Adults Community Mental Health Team.
The pay rate for this locum Clinical Lead job is £28 - £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 1-month contract.
There is an occasional requirement to travel across the wide footprint of the Trust to attend meetings and events relevant to the role.
- 09:00 am – 17:00 pm
- Monday to Friday, but flexible working will be required to meet service need
- There is an expectation that the post holder will participate in out-of-hours management on call rotas in providing management cover for weekends and statutory holidays
- Provide clinical leadership, supervision, support and consultation to nursing staff and MDT staff in the CMHT, in line with relevant clinical pathway as outlined within the operational procedures
- Manage and evaluate a caseload in line with relevant clinical pathway as outlined within the operational procedure which will include assessment/formulation/therapeutic intervention as required/signposting/close working with all colleagues/to be responsible for a complex caseload
- Act as a duty assessor
- Deputise for the Team Manager in his/her absence and take on any delegated management duties as required
- Utilise highly developed interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication when there are barriers to understanding or in a hostile, antagonistic or highly emotive situation
- Establish and maintain robust communication networks with clients, carers, team members, other health care and social care workers and external agencies
- Promote awareness of the role of CMHT within local service area/team, GP practices and the wider community
- Promote awareness of the role of CMHT in the local service area/team, negotiating priorities where appropriate
- Represent the profession at local forums
- Undertake and record comprehensive risk assessment, devise and implement risk assessment plans for service users at risk of vulnerability, self harm, self neglect, or risk of physical, sexual, emotional harm to others, using the STAR Risk assessment tool
- Provide direct evidence based therapeutic interventions as appropriate based on the recovery model and personalisation agenda
- Take responsibility for managing a ring fenced caseload of service users, with complex mental health needs
- Ensure own and team compliance with all Care Programme Approach requirements as per Trust Policy
- Ensure that service users and carers receive clear and accurate information on: How to access the service around the clock/confidentiality/access to records/their own assessments and care plans/mental health conditions and medication/service publicity, including what they can expect from the service/community resources/complaints and compliments procedures/how to access Advocacy Services
- Promote a service philosophy based on a balanced model of care, recovery and personalisation
- Establish quality standards relating to the service user and carer experience
Requirements of the Clinical Lead:
- Registered Mental Nurse compliant with requirements for NMC registration
- Active NMC Registration
- Demonstrate high-level communication skills at all levels
- Demonstrate the application of specialist skills and knowledge in order to maintain professional competence and fitness to practice as a Senior Practitioner for Nursing
- Demonstrate clinical and practice expertise via interventions, supervision and modelling good practice
- Understand and fully utilise the computerised IT systems for health and social care services and ensuring staff compliance with same
- Recognise the need to prioritise and respond appropriately to clinical emergencies/perceived risks
- Demonstrate a high level of self management skills for dealing with frequent crisis management and be aware of own personal limitations and seek appropriate advice
- Non Medical Prescribing or willing to complete this training
- Post registration experience of working in multi disciplinary CMHT or Liaison Team
- Evidence of post registration training / development
- Experience of participating in audit and an understanding of implementing Action plans relating to the outcome of audits
- Knowledge of requirements under the Care Programme Approach including the needs of carers and the mental health Minimum Data Set
- Understand the Clinical Governance agenda and provide Nursing representation in local groups supporting consultation and implementation
- Full understanding of the Care Programme Approach including the needs and rights of Carers
- Knowledge of the recovery and rehabilitation models and mental health promotion
- Understanding of current national policy and initiatives in relation to severe and enduring mental health issues
- Understanding of DoH / NMC policy in relation to Nursing
- Ability to work over 24 hour, 7 days a week team, to facilitate line management and support practitioners
- Understand all Trust Policies and Procedures
- Understand the Trusts Strategic Goals and how they can support them
- Understand the need to safeguard children and vulnerable adults
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive mental health nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Clinical Lead job is advertised by Alex West; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.