Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Children's Social Worker to work full-time within the Homeless Intervention Team based in Worcester. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £29.93 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Support the young people to remain at or return home to live with their families where it is safe for them to do so
- Where young people are unable to remain living at home explore with them and their families their accommodation options
- Undertake assessments to identify areas where they may require support to develop their independent living skills to ensure a positive move on into appropriate accommodation
- Support young people through assessment, as Children in Need and also in some case as Looked After Children
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Excellent at developing positive relationships with young people, their families and partner agencies
- An understanding of the issues young people have who are faced with homelessness
- Understands the legislation relating to homeless young people
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- A free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Leon Ali; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.