Sanctuary Executive is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Interim Children's Placements Commissioning Manager to work full-time in London. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services.
The pay rate for this locum Commissioning Manager job is £300-£350 per day (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Duties of the Commissioning Manager:
- Ensure that Looked After Children are safe and have the best chance to succeed through securing outcomes focused placements that meet the needs of individual children with complex vulnerabilities, including Looked After Children and Care Leavers, in line with Safeguarding and Quality Assurance statutory guidance protocols.
- Take responsibility and accountability for ensuring the service area achieves its strategic plans by promoting an appropriate culture, empowering others and demonstrating high practice standards.
- Develop, shape and deliver an overarching programme of placement commissioning to meet the needs of children and young people, and to ensure the LA has access to sufficient and appropriate high quality placements to meet their needs, working closely with carers, children and young people.
- Ultimately, the post holders will take an operational and strategic lead for all CYP placement commissioning, contracting and market management activity, ensuring this is undertaken with key internal and external stakeholders, including children and young people and market providers to develop and deliver high quality services.
- Deliver a robust quality assurance and safeguarding programme for all placement commissioned activity.
- Lead the provision of a flexible, high-quality, cost-effective and efficient Children's placement commissioning service ensuring that commissioning and quality assurance activities comply with legislation and regulation and the Council's policies and procedures and take responsibility for effective budget monitoring / delivery of value for money
- Contribute to the overall management of the CYP Commissioning Service and the wider Forward Planning, Performance and Partnership Service and deputise as necessary for the Commissioning and Market Insight Manager and Head of Service
Requirements of the Commissioning Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Commissioning Manager job is advertised by Billy Holland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.