Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Children and Young People’s Substance Misuse Worker to work based in Denbighshire.
The salary for this permanent Children and Young People’s Substance Misuse Worker job is £18,278.00 - £21,000 per annum.
- Undertake a range of early help interventions, which meet the needs of children and young people up to the age of 25 years, who are at risk of or actively using substances
- Assessing the needs of children and young people referred to the service and participating in the planning and evaluating of programmes to meet those needs
- Offering support advice and assistance to children, young people and families referred to the service on a 1:1 and group basis
- Delivering and facilitating outcome based structured and informal group work interventions to support children and young people to develop the skills they require as outlined in their support plan
- Delivering evidence based targeted prevention and brief intervention programmes to support children and young people to build upon their skills and confidence to look after their own and families well-being
- Enabling children, young people to identify their goals and achieve change
- Identifying a range of community based activities that children and young people can access
- Accessing community resources and work with other professionals and agencies to ensure all resources available to children and young people are utilised
- Acting as a single point of access for Primary, Secondary schools and Pupil referral Units
- Sharing in the responsibility of assessing the risks that children and young people pose to themselves and others and develop plans to meet those needs
- Supporting professionals by coaching, to develop sample drug and alcohol session plans and to increase their awareness on substance misuse
Requirements of the Children and Young People’s Substance Misuse Worker:
- Relevant experience of substance use and misuse face to face advice work with children and young people
- Experience of multi-agency partnership working
- Knowledge of issues facing children and young people where alcohol/substances are an issue
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol use/effects and harm reduction advice
- Knowledge of issues relating to risk of harm to others and self
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures and legislation
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of child development
- Ability to communicate effectively at all times with the general public and professionals
- Ability to work evenings or weekends by arrangement on an occasional basis if required
- Ability to travel throughout the Locality in order to meet the requirements of the post
- Knowledge and/or experience of working with disabled children and their families (D)
- Ability to communicate in the medium of Welsh (D)
- Knowledge of HIV and other blood borne infections (D)
- Knowledge of service delivery within a Youth Justice
This Children and Young People’s Substance Misuse Worker job is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.