Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Child Protection Chair / Conference and Reviewing Officer to work full-time in Wiltshire. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £26.39 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3 -month contract.
- To effectively chair reviews which focus on ensuring there is a robust care plan for looked after children and young people, or chair initial and review multi-agency child protection conferences to decide whether a child should be subject to a child protection plan or whether a child protection plan can be converted into a child in need plan. The Conferencing and Reviewing Officer must ensure that all plans for children and young people are outcome-focussed and SMART.
- To oversee the quality of social work and other agencies' front-line practice including compliance with statutory requirements. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Chairs multi-agency child protection conferences and reviews for looked after children.
- Quality assures the practice of all agencies in relation to looked after children and children who may need a child protection plan.
- Ensures that reviews for looked after children and child protection conferences are set up and run in line with the agreed standards set out in the IRO and Child Protection Chairs Handbooks and that there is a clear focus on improving outcomes for children and young people.
- Produces timely written outcome focused outline child protection plans following child protection conferences which results in a decision for a child to have a plan.
- Ensure children and young people are consulted and participate in their Review or Child Protection Conference.
- Informs parents and children and young people of their right to complain and facilitates access to an advocate for looked after children and young people.
- Identifies any changes required in the Council and partner agencies in terms of policy, practice and service development.
- Undertakes training delivery in respect of children and young people who are looked after and subject to child protection plans. Produces information for the regular monthly performance report that is presented to Children's Social Care and Integrated Youth Senior Management Team.
- The job holder will be required to liaise with a wide range of internal and external partners on a daily basis (Children's Social Care staff and teams, Health staff, Children's Centre's, Police, etc). The role will also require regular contact with parents/carers and extended family members and with children and young people.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Mark Andrews; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.