Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Care Coordinator to work full-time within an Adults Community Mental Health Team in Preston. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this locum Care Coordinator role is £23.50 - £24.33 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To act as a key member of the Multi-Disciplinary Team ensuring the effective assessment, planning monitoring and evaluation of care given to service users with mild/moderate and severe and enduring mental illness under the Care Programme Approach process and ensuring the effective management and supervision of staff accountable to the post holder, whilst liaising with a wide range of multi-agency professionals. Where suitably qualified the post holder will be required to perform Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) and/or Non-Medical Prescriber role.
- To undertake specialist health, Occupational and social care needs assessments, which requires at least one-hour concentration with a service user on a regular basis and at least one hour to write up the assessment.
- This includes Risk Assessments in relation to the service user, family members and environmental risks.
- To formulate specialist multi-disciplinary treatment and intervention plans for service users in response to identified needs, under the auspices of the Care Programme approach. This is often of a complex nature and at times highly complex requiring crisis and contingency plans and frequent adjustments to those plans.
- Influence team decisions and take appropriately agreed risk in relation to service user needs.
- Act and undertake duties of a Care Co-ordinator for services users on the Care Programme Approach who have severe and enduring mental illness. This requires judgement and analysis of complicated facts in relation to their illness and treatment required. It also requires tact, diplomacy and empathy.
Requirements of the Care Coordinator:
- Valid NMC registration under Mental Health
- Experience working within a similar role would be highly desirable
- A degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
This Care Coordinator job is advertised by Alex West; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.