Sanctuary Health has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Care Co-ordinator to work full-time within an Adults Disability Service based in Guernsey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Care Co-ordinator job is £34,763 - £41,956 per annum
- As post holder of this role you will provide care co-ordination for an allocated caseload of adults with learning disabilities and/or autism. Also, you will conduct assessments of needs for adult with learning disabilities and/or autism, as well as Carer Assessment when indicated.
- If successful, you will manage a complex caseload as well as co-working with other relevant professionals working with adults with learning disabilities and/or autism who have complex care and support needs.
- Act as a lead professional within the Community Learning Disability Team to ensure co-ordination of support for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism who have complex care management needs.
- You will be based in the Adult Disability Services, Community Learning Disability Team and will undertake needs assessments within current service thresholds, in close liaison with the other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Ensure an individual's holistic needs are met by working closely with them, their carers, families, colleagues and other agencies, ensuring that the adult is central to all planning.
- Form positive working relationships with professionals from other departments and agencies.
- Prepare reports for a variety of purposes relevant to care co-ordination and function of Community Learning Disability Team.
- Collect statistical information regarding long term conditions and care to contribute to the compilation of an Annual Report.
- Maintain case recordings and file's (electronic and/or paper) in accordance with professional standards.
- Ensure that legislation, policies and procedures in relation to adults with learning disabilities and/or autism who have care and support needs are adhered to and to contribute to the development of policies, procedures and guidelines.
Requirements of the Care Co-ordinator:
- Current NMC Registration
- Recent experience working as a Care Co-ordinator
- Relevant post qualification experience with adults with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Experience of undertaking assessments, care planning and co-ordinating care or support for adults with learning disability or autism.
- Diploma in a related field
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational
- Achievement or equivalent (D32/33, NVQ A1)
This Care Co-ordinator job is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.