Sanctuary Health is currently looking for experienced and dedicated Healthcare Assistants to work in Southbourne on permanent contracts.
The salary for this Healthcare Assistant role is £16,380 - £16,965 per annum.
Summary of Role:
To provide a support to our service users by adopting a person-centred approach that fosters self-awareness, personal growth and gives each person the strongest voice with regards to decision making and lifestyle choices.
- Support residents according to their wishes and needs, as outlined in the individual's care plan.
- Administer medication in line with medication policy and the individual's care plans when required to do so.
- Support people with regards to decision making and lifestyle choices enabling them to take control of their own lives, increasing independence.
- Ensure all personal care tasks are carried out in line with the needs, wishes and preferences of the individual, following the care plan.
- Support people to take an active role in the community by accessing local facilities and wider community resources in the spirit of social inclusion.
- Support people to develop and expand social networks and friendships.
- To support people through the transition process in their dementia journey. Supporting service users through their decline in Dementia and at the different stages.
- Develop positive relationships with family and carers.
- Work in line with the company's Adult Protection and Prevention of Abuse Policy and Whistle Blowing Policy to ensure that people are kept safe at all times.
- Ensure the security of the building and the safety of the people living in the home.
Requirements of the Healthcare Assistant:
- Recent experience within a similar role
- DBS in date or on Update Service
- Training to NVQ level 3 or equivalent in care Physically fit and capable of providing care for older people Computer literate
- Experience of using Microsoft or similar software Able to read write and speak clearly in English
These Healthcare Assistant jobs are advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in these positions please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.