Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 CAMHS Mental Health Practitioner to work 37.5 hours per week based in Bristol, within the Acute Mental health Liaison Team.
The pay rate for this locum CAMHS Mental Health Practitioner role is £25 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Monday – Friday
- 09:00 am – 17:00 pm
- Provide comprehensive administration and secretarial support to multidisciplinary teams, wards or departments including named medical staff, junior medical staff and the system-wide multi-disciplinary team
- Being the first point of contact for that team, ward or department and could involve duties such as meeting and greeting visitors, receiving initial enquiries and directing telephone calls
- Meet deadlines, collate data and maintain standards relating to administrative processes
- Provide supervision to support administrators or apprentice posts
- Be key in maintaining diaries and arranging meetings, taking formal minutes and keeping appropriate records on the most up to date templates
- Liaise with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal to the organisation and external
- Greeting visitors to the Ward, being the first point of contact for enquiries including telephone calls, family enquiries etc
- Utilise written and verbal communication skills to connect with a wide range of people, including outside agencies, requiring tact and persuasive skills where there may be barriers to understanding or agreement
- Exchange verbal and written information with patients, staff and carers relating to appointments, admissions and meetings etc
- Provide and receive routine and complicated information, including dealing with enquiries from external stakeholders and the public
- The provision of and updating of patient notes, collation of information for transfer of care etc
- Work within a multi-disciplinary environment ensuring that communication with appropriate team members is effective
- Facilitating the Ward Team meeting
- Receive and open mail (paper and electronic as necessary) and distribute/despatch accordingly ensuring appropriate action is taken with high priority items
- Deal with deliveries to the ward, internal and external mail including the mail of service users
- Manage both telephone and face to face contacts with distressed service users in a supportive and empathetic manner
- Working within an inpatient environment could mean regular exposure to distressed patients and escalating behaviours
- Exercise judgement when dealing with patient inquires, analyse and resolve non-clinical patient problems including resolving conflicting diary appointments or schedules, clinics, meetings, tribunals etc. Escalating issues to the Lead Clinical Services Administrator as appropriate
- Arrange meetings and appointments for members of the team
Requirements of the CAMHS Mental Health Practitioner:
- Current NMC registration with valid live pin
- Significant NHS experience as a CAMHS Practitioner
- RIO trained
- Be highly motivated, flexible and multi-skilled with excellent organisational skills
- Possess excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office systems including Word and Excel
- Be able to work to high standards and will be required to take personal details from people and upload onto the electronic patient record system (Rio)
- Be able to work within a team effectively and share work streams where appropriate
- Be aware of the responsibilities placed on them under Health and Safety legislation and to ensure that agreed safety procedures are carried out to maintain a safe environment for employees, patients and visitors
- Be familiar with, and adhere to the Information Governance Policy. Staff should be aware that patients’ care records will be subject to regular audit
- Be familiar with and adhere to the Trust’s safeguarding procedures and guidelines
- NVQ3/QCF in administration or equivalent level of knowledge and experience
- RSA 3 Word Processing (or equivalent level of expertise) BSMA – Certificate in Medical terminology – or equivalent qualification /experience
- Knowledge of routine and non-routine secretarial procedures acquired through qualification or experience
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of general office routine and filing systems
- Secretarial experience in a health/social care setting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to take and convey clear messages
- Ability to work under some pressure
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Advanced typing skills
- Empathy for individuals who have experienced mental health problems and ability to cope with behaviour which may be challenging at times
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive mental health nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This CAMHS Mental Health Practitioner job is advertised by Alex West; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.