Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum Band 6 Microbiology Biomedical Scientist role based in Guernsey.
The pay rate for this locum Microbiology Biomedical Scientist job is £30-£32 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Supervise junior grades of staff within to microbiology team, providing oversight and guidance, participating in training programmes, and assisting the head of department in competency assessments.
- Maintain multifaceted relationships with all key service stakeholders. These relationships require the ability to provide detailed information, notifying and discussing abnormal results, providing advice and technical interpretation of complex results, and attending laboratory meetings.
- Process clinical microbiology samples in accordance with all relevant clinical governance procedures and bodies.
- Record keeping data entry and quality procedures.
- Acting independently, rotate through specialist disciplines of Bacteriology, Serology, Mycology, Parasitology, and Molecular Diagnostics.
- Contribute to the wider goals of Pathology as directed by the Laboratory Services Manager.
- Work out of hours as part of the Pathology on-call service, dealing with high-pressure situations and professional colleagues, where specimen analysis is urgent to patient care.
Requirements of the Microbiology Biomedical Scientist:
- HCPC registered.
- Hold a BSc degree in Biomedical Sciences from an accredited university or equivalent.
- Post-qualifying experience in Clinical Mircrobiology.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive biomedical science knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- An industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Microbiology Biomedical Scientist job is advertised by Tom Baldry; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.