Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for a Band 6 Haematology/Blood Transfusion Biomedical Scientist to work full-time based in Hackney.
The pay rate for this locum Biomedical Scientist role is £27 - £28 per hour (assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- Ensure appropriate tests are performed on clinical specimens through knowledge of medical conditions and interpretation of the clinical details given on the request form, whether that test has been asked for by the clinical staff or not.
- Be responsible for ensuring that inappropriate specimen types are not tested and that this is communicated to an appropriate individual to prevent results being misleading and resources wasted.
- Be aware of Health and Safety issues in general, and particularly in relation to working in a laboratory and to ensure that their work at all times is performed safely.
- Be responsible for the screening and identification of complex antibodies and abnormal haemoglobinopathies using an array of testing techniques to facilitate elucidation of results.
- Be responsible for accuracy and interpretation of results and reporting these correctly.
- Use their knowledge and judgment to determine whether results are normal or abnormal and to instigate further tests as necessary to enable the clinicians to correctly treat the patients.
- Use their knowledge and judgment to realise when a result is unusual or unexpected and ensures that they bring this to the attention of an appropriate member of the senior staff.
- Know when appropriate to communicate results of tests directly to clinical staff verbally and to communicate results to the Haematology Consultant so that they can then take further action.
- Be responsible for the quality and accuracy of their work.
- Assist in the training of staff.
- Participate in research.
Requirements of the Biomedical Scientist:
- HCPC registered
- Must have a relevant qualification in biomedical science or alternative qualification
- Post qualifying experience working within biomedical science
- Experience working in an NHS Haematology/Blood Transfusion Pathology department
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive biomedical science knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Biomedical Scientist job is advertised by Alex Meek; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.