Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum Band 6 Blood Science Biomedical Scientist role to work full-time based in Epsom.
The pay rate for this locum Blood Science Biomedical Scientist job is £25.10 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Assist in the diagnosis and monitoring of disease and treatment through the direct analysis of bodily fluids/tissue and potentially highly infectious clinical material.
- Diagnostic work involves urgent and routine analysis, on complex and expensive equipment, of blood, urine, and other potentially highly infective bodily products.
- Perform routine and technically complex manual, semi-automated and fully automated-laboratory investigations and procedures.
- Ensure that reagents are prepared, stored, and used in a manner suitable for patient investigations.
- Undertake technical validation of complex results from laboratory investigations to ensure accuracy and precision as specified by laboratory protocols and to decide on any further investigations as appropriate.
- Measure and monitor the accuracy and precision of laboratory investigations by the interpretation of appropriate quality control procedures.
- Dispatch specimens to other laboratories. Receive reports from other laboratories ensuring results are brought to the attention of senior staff, entered onto the LIMS system and stored as required.
- Participate in research and development in collaboration with laboratory management as required.
Requirements of the Blood Science Biomedical Scientist:
- HCPC registered.
- Must have a relevant qualification in biomedical science or alternative qualification.
- Previous experience in biomedical science.
- IBMS Specialist Portfolio or equivalent.
- Evidence of CPD.
- Experience of working autonomously during an out-of-hours service.
- Demonstrate a broad level of laboratory experience.
- Sound knowledge of principles and practice of specialist area.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive biomedical science knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- An industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Blood Science Biomedical Scientist job is advertised by Tom Baldry; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.