Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 8b/c Highly Specialised/Forensic Psychologist to work in Market Drayton.
The pay rate for this locum Clinical Psychologist job is paying £50 - £60 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 6-month contract.
- The Post holder Conduct and supervise highly specialist/consultant forensic psychological assessments using file-review, interview, psychometric and behavioural observation methods for clients presenting with serious Mental Health Problems, Intellectual Disability or Neuropsychological problems. Specifically to provide highly specialist/consultant professional opinion with regard to at least one identified area of sub-specialism in Forensic Psychology and Intervention.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of individual and group treatment programmes.
- To direct and support others to carryout evidence-based forensic psychology interventions.
- Co-ordinate the recording of, analyse and present data relevant to the patients' social adjustment and progress in treatment.
- To work with members of the multidisciplinary team to contribute to effective risk assessment, risk management, treatment, support needs and quality of life of the unit's patients.
- To engage in clinical-administration (e.g. maintaining psychometrics, bibliographies, etc).
- To appropriately administer and interpret forensic or specialist psychometric tests and communicate these test data in a professional, yet accessible way to colleagues, relatives and clients.
- To write reports as required (for example, CPA, Tribunal, statistical reports relating to behaviours that challenge, patient engagement, treatment outcome, risk assessments and clinical governance reports) and present as a 'professional witness' where appropriate.
- Provide clinical governance data as required by hospital, service and psychology service protocols.
Requirements of the Clinical Psychologist:
- As a Registered Practitioner Clinical Psychologist, it is expected that the Professional Standards as defined by the HCPC and BPsS are adhered to when carrying out your role.
- Similar experience working as a Clinical Psychologist
- Previous CAMHS experience
- Experience working in Adult Mental Health and Learning Disabilities
This Clinical Psychologist job is advertised by Dan Potts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.