Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Band 8a Clinical Lead to work in a Prison based in Norwich. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Clinical Lead role is £44,606 - £50,819 per annum.
- To work in partnership with managers to deliver organisational objectives, bringing to the partnership professional knowledge, expertise and influencing skills to transform care, continually improve quality and support performance targets.
- To lead on Clinical Governance for the service and support the achievement of clinical and non-clinical performance measures, in conjunction with the Head of Healthcare as well as the Lead Pharmacist and GP clinical lead (Subcontracted service)
- To work with the National Professional Lead (where appointed) and National Bodies to ensure the service delivers up to date, evidence based practise on relevant professional and clinical matters.
- To work with the Head of Healthcare to ensure efficient running of service and to provide assurance to the rest of Virgin Care regarding clinical governance through the operational governance framework in Specialised Services directorate and the wider Virgin Care.
- To hold a clinical caseload relevant to skills and competencies as well as line managing nursing team leads.
- To ensure that all aspects of service comply with relevant legislation and accreditation requirements and that the required high standards of clinical and corporate governance are achieved. This will include but is not limited to:
- Clinical Governance accountability at service team level
- Clinical Governance leadership at service team level
- Ensure that robust Clinical Governance systems are in place and are being operated by the service team, working with the Head of Healthcare where required.
- To Monitor and improve the clinical quality, safety and operational performance of the service.
- To support the Head of Health care in delivering a CQC compliant service.
- To undertake initial clinical investigations into complaints, incidents and performance issues and to ensure that these are managed and resolved according to organisational policy- this includes the completion of RCA reports and other investigation reports as required by Health and Justice bodies , Coroners courts.
- To actively engage in the implementation of strategies to increase efficiency, maintain quality and ensure continuous improvement to the services being delivered within the care environment.
- To achieve the clinical and operational performance indicators of the service.
- To ensure patient feedback is communicated to the clinical team and acted upon where appropriate.
- To understand the budget performance of the service and suggest innovative ways of delivering the service within available resources.
- To advise Head of Healthcare on the clinical impact of financial recovery plans.
Requirements of the Clinical Lead:
- Clinical qualification relevant to this service with registration without restrictions to relevant professional body ( NMC, HCPC)
- Demonstrable clinical experience in relevant area at a senior level
- Demonstrable experience of education and professional development of other clinicians through teaching , mentoring and coaching
- Experience of working in Offender healthcare
This Clinical Lead role is advertised by Victor Rosado; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.