Sanctuary Health is looking for an enthusiastic Band 8a Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Advanced Clinical Practitioner to work in Worksop within the Urgent Care Out Of Hours Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this full-time locum role is £37.02 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) but this pay rate may be negotiable. The hours for this role would be, Monday - Friday 10:00 - 18:00 - may be flexible for the right candidate, part time or full time.
Duties of the Advanced Clinical Practitioner:
- The post holder will be responsible for detailed assessment and subsequent treatment of patients who present at the Emergency Department or the Medical Out of Hours service with primary care sensitive conditions.
- Working to deliver primary care interventions, clinical leadership and senior clinical advice ensuring that patients receive high quality patient centred care.
- The post holder will be required to undertake advanced clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment, including non medical prescribing as an on-going responsibility, identifying when senior clinical advice is required and escalating care appropriately.
- The role will support the team lead and Head of Service and be involved in the development of the service.
- The role requires a clinician with excellent clinical skills and prescribing abilities, to manage patients who present to the primary care centre, providing leadership, clinical knowledge and skill to support the clinical team in managing patient needs.
- The role requires an expert clinician who is a resource for colleagues within the service and carries the ability to develop the advanced clinical practitioner role strategically and clinically.
- The post holder will develop innovative new ways of working with other providers to enhance improved working practices and relationship across healthcare.
Requirements of the Nurse Practitioner:
- Valid NMC registration.
- A degree or equivalent within nursing.
- MSc in advanced clinical practice/ relevant subject area or working towards/equivalent knowledge and skill.
- Significant experience in managing primary care sensitive conditions.
- Teaching qualification/experience.
- Portfolio of life long learning.
- Independent Non Medical Prescriber.
- IT skills.
- The post holder will require change management skills in order to effectively deliver expert service improvement/delivery within a partnership culture, in order to maintain the delivery of a high quality service during the change process.
- The individual will need to be highly motivated and have effective interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of research/publication.
- Advanced life support.
- Clinically relevant course/skills.
- Mental Health knowledge.
- Specific areas of expertise will include using advanced clinical and decision making skills to; Initiate care, treatment investigations and develop and evaluate complex treatment plans.
- Order and analyse the results of specific investigations, such as blood tests, ECG's and where applicable x rays to assist the formulation of diagnoses. Undertake Independent Non-Medical Prescribing within the sphere of competence. Recognise, detect and lead on early intervention of acute life threatening events.
- Use expert theoretical and practical knowledge to receive referrals from or refer to other departments within or outside of the Trust.
- Expert knowledge of and ability to access appropriate community resources to enable safe onward referral.
- Have a high degree of understanding of cognitive problems and the ability to initiate management of cognitive issues into clinical care interventions and care planning.
- Have the skills and knowledge to enable patients to be empowered to self manage long term conditions.
This Advanced Clinical Practitioner job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.