Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 7 Specialist Heart Failure Nurse to work full-time within a Heart Failure Team based in Enfield. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this locum Heart Failure Nurse job is £31 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- This post will provide clinical expertise within the Heart Failure Service in Enfield. The service is provided to a multicultural and diverse population and aims to deliver a very high standard of care to all patients.
- You will be expected to work in partnership with primary and secondary care colleagues and other agencies to ensure a smooth patient journey across the whole patient pathway, from diagnosis to end of life care. Self-care will be encouraged and patients and carers will be actively involved in the development of care plans and the management of their condition.
- To work with the Community nursing staff and GPs to support the response to Heart Failure patients who may need urgent care to prevent hospital admission.
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of patients in your care.
- To undertake a comprehensive specialist assessment of patients including those with diverse or complex presentations/multi pathologies: use advanced clinical reasoning skills and assessment techniques to provide an accurate clinical diagnosis.
- To prescribe medications, in accordance with non-medical prescribing protocols, titrating and adjusting treatment as required or support this process while working towards becoming a prescriber.
- To refer for diagnostic tests as appropriate
- Formulate and deliver individual treatment programmes based on a sound knowledge of evidence based practice and treatment options using clinical assessment and reasoning skills. To do this for own caseload and to be able to advise other members of the team.
- Develop comprehensive management plans and recommend best course of intervention, in conjunction with other members of the multi-disciplinary team. This includes recommendations based on sound clinical judgement, for referral/transfer to other in or outpatient services for specialist on going management. To be able to do this for own caseload and advise senior members of staff
- To provide teaching and instruction to relatives, carers and other professionals, to promote understanding of the management of Heart Failure and to ensure a consistent approach to patient care.
- Assess patient understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with patients who lack capacity to consent to treatment.
- Use an advanced level of verbal and non-verbal communication tools to communicate effectively with patients and carers to progress rehabilitation and treatment programmes; this includes those patients who may have difficulties in understanding or communicating.
- Use high level clinical and communication skills to deal effectively with contentious issues/situations surrounding patient management. Where conflict situations arise to use arbitration skills to seek appropriate resolution.
- To identify clinical governance issues for own service and report in line with local guideline
- Maintains accurate comprehensive patient treatment records in line with standards of practice and BEHMHT policies.
- Provide specialist advice to colleagues working within other clinical speciality areas, to act as a source of expertise within own area of specialty.
- Represent the Heart Failure service and/or individual patients at multi-disciplinary team meetings/case conferences as agreed within service. This will include discussion of patient care, patient progress and prognosis and involvement in discharge planning.
Requirements of the Heart Failure Nurse:
- Degree or equivalent in nursing
- Current NMC registration
- Significant experience as a nurse
This Heart Failure Nurse job is advertised by Ed Stevens; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.